|Cholesterol is a necessary fat, also known as a lipid, found in blood cells. The body produces all of the cholesterol it needs, but certain foods can also add cholesterol. High cholesterol can be genetic or develop from an unhealthy diet and exercise choices. Luckily, this means that high cholesterol can be prevented and treated with a healthy diet, regular exercise, and when necessary, medication.
High cholesterol leads to atherosclerosis, or hardened arteries, due to fatty deposits in blood vessels. This causes heart and blood flow problems due to narrow passageways. High cholesterol increases the risk of heart disease and stroke. The two different types of cholesterol, LDL, the kind that increases the risk of heart disease, and HDL, the kind that decreases the risk of heart disease need to be measured regularly through blood tests because there are no symptoms related to high cholesterol.
Your practitioner will perform an exam and tests based on your individual needs. This may include the following:
- Blood pressure check
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Cholesterol (lipid) test. A blood sample will be taken from your finger to test LDL, HDL, triglycerides and total cholesterol.
|At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we assess your Cholesterol and establish a personalized care plan that fits your lifestyle. The doctors at EZCare Clinic in San Francisco can provide treatment to all patients.
To learn more about how we can help you find pain relief, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
What to expect at your visit
- Schedule your appointment before your visit.
- Depending on your age, treatment EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
- Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.