Poison Ivy & Poison Oak
Poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac are some of the plants that can cause patients, both young and old, to have allergic skin reactions. These itchy skin reactions, which can come to fruition as red bumps or small blisters are irritating and uncomfortable. Poison ivy and poison oak, typically identified by their three-leaf structure are very common in most parts of the United States. Poison sumac, meanwhile, can have as many as 7 to 13 leaves.
When outdoors, it is encouraged that people attempt to avoid areas where these plants are known to grow. However, if one does come in contact with them, EZCare Clinic can help patients find fast relief. Cold compresses, calamine lotion, and some hydrocortisone creams are just some of the ways to treat reactions to these plants.
At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we assess the affected areas and establish a personalized care plan that fits your lifestyle. The doctors at EZCare Clinic in San Francisco can provide treatment to all patients.
To learn more about how we can help you find pain relief, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
What to expect at your visit
- Schedule your appointment.
- Depending on your age, treatment EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
- Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.