Contrary to what most may believe, a ringworm fungal infection does not involve worms in the skin. That is an urban myth. Ringworm occurs on the skin from exposure to certain fungi by touching a surface that is infected with the fungus.
People with ringworm fungus will likely experience a rash shaped in a ring and red, itchy, and irritated skin. In some cases, hair loss may arise in certain areas of the body.
Ringworm can be contracted by any of the following:
- Direct skin contact with a person who is infected with ringworm
- Direct contact with an animal that is infected (i.e., cats, dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, and cows)
- Direct contact with an object that has the fungi on its surface (i.e., clothing, towels, bed linens, brushes, chairs, and toilets)
|At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we assess your Ringworm and establish a personalized care plan that fits your lifestyle. The doctors at EZCare Clinic in San Francisco can provide treatment to all patients. |
To learn more about how we can help you find pain relief, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
What to expect at your visit
- Call to schedule an appointment.
- Depending on your age, treatment EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
- Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.