Swimmer’s Itch Treatment
Swimmer’s itch is a rash from an allergic reaction to the larvae of certain parasites found in ponds and lakes. It can also occasionally occur after swimming in salt water. The parasites that cause swimmer’s itch live on waterfowl and other animals found near bodies of warm water. Luckily, the parasites will die within a few days of burrowing into the skin, as the human body is not a suitable host for them. Swimmer’s itch is uncomfortable, but it is important that patients suffering it do not scratch, because it can lead to infection.
Although swimmer’s itch can clear up on its own, the right medication can alleviate symptoms and control itching. If a rash occurs after swimming in a lake or pond and it persists for more than three days, then come into EZCare Clinic for an evaluation.
|At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we assess your condition and establish a personalized care plan that fits your lifestyle. The doctors at EZCare Clinic in San Francisco can provide treatment to all patients. |
To learn more about how we can help you find pain relief, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
What to expect at your visit
- Schedule your appointment.
- Depending on your age, treatment EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
- Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.