|Malaria is a serious and potentially life-threatening disease. Caused by Plasmodium parasites passed on by mosquitoes, it is most commonly found in hot and humid environments, such as tropical and subtropical areas of the world like Africa and South Asia.
Symptoms of malaria are very flu-like, with patients experiencing high fever, shaking chills, and sweating. Symptoms usually develop a few weeks after a patient has been bitten. If malaria is left untreated, it can lead to death. The majority of patients with malaria contract it while traveling to areas where malaria is commonly transmitted without taking the proper precautions before leaving for the trip.
EZCare Clinic provides ways for travelers to protect themselves and reduce the risk of getting malaria. Travelers can take preventative medication before, during, and after their trip.
|At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we assess the area in which you are traveling and establish a personalized care plan to accommodate your travels. The doctors at EZCare Clinic in San Francisco can provide treatment to all patients.
To learn more about how we can help you with your travel vaccines, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
What to expect during your visit
- No appointment necessary. Walk-in patients accepted.
- Depending on your age, treatment EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.