According to The National Institute of Mental Health, approximately 40 million American adults ages 18 and older have an anxiety disorder, although only about one-third are getting adequate anxiety treatment without medication.
Save yourself from the fear of social situations– Book an appointment by clicking the button below.
Typically, occasional stress or anxiety is a normal part of life and shouldn’t be a cause for alarm.
However, some individuals experience a prolonged or excessive amount of tension that interferes with their everyday life.
For these individuals, medical help is necessary to regain control of their lives.
While some individuals are concerned with what others may think, many may not understand how detrimental their illness has become or that there is someone who can help.
In San Francisco, EZCare Clinic can help individuals who are burdened by stress, anxiety, and depression as well as other mental health issues.
Anxiety disorder is a term used to describe one or more mental health conditions.
Although there are several different types of anxiety, each ailment may have similar or overlapping symptoms. Treatment is dependent on what kind of disorder the patient has and how it affects the individual.
- Panic disorder is characterized by a random feeling of terror.
- Social anxiety disorder or social phobia results in worry and self-consciousness in everyday social situations.
- Generalized anxiety disorder causes excessive, unrealistic worry and tension with little or no reason.
- Specific phobias are an intense fear of a particular object or situation that goes beyond what’s appropriate and causes individuals to avoid everyday situations.
Seeking Anxiety Treatment Without Medication
Individuals who routinely find themselves battling anxiety may be wondering when they should seek treatment. While the answer may be different for each person, ask yourself the following questions.
All the types of anxiety can be treated- Click below to book your appointment.
If you answer yes to any, seeking professional help may be the best option for you.
- Does my anxiety affect my physical health? Anxiety, as well as other emotional issues, can adversely affect both the mental and physical health of the individual.
- Physical symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pains
- Unfortunately, individuals who already have a preexisting condition may find that the increased anxiety inhibits the ability to get better.
- Is my anxiety affecting my work?
- People who have uncontrolled anxiety may find that they have difficulties at work, such as:
- Showing up late
- Frequent absences
- Difficulty performing the job itself
- Does my anxiety affect my relationships? Anxiety can cause individuals to have unhealthy feelings of jealousy, avoidance of social gatherings with both friends and family, and the inability to communicate effectively.
- Often these issues become so dramatic that they begin to withdrawal from virtually every aspect of their life and severing any connections to those that they love.
- Do I abuse drugs or alcohol to help cope with my anxiety? Often individuals who are suffering from anxiety, as well as other mood disorders, will turn to alcohol or medications to help them overcome the symptoms of their disease.
- For many people, this quickly spirals out of control, and they become addicted, creating other possible life-threatening circumstances.
- Does my anxiety cause me to miss out on the things I used to enjoy? Individuals, who often find themselves making excuses not to participate or avoid certain situations?
- Anxiety can make someone feel like a prisoner and withdraw from living. They may feel trapped, isolated, and fearful.
Types of Treatment
Seeking professional help is the first step to recovery. While many individuals are scared to talk to a medical professional, it is crucial that you make that first step.
Anxiety, like any illness, is nothing that should make you feel ashamed.
At EZCare Clinic, a team of medical professionals will help you find answers and treatment for your anxiety disorder.
For most patients, it can be:
- Anxiety treatment without medication
- Anxiety treatment with medication
While many may shy away from this type of treatment, most mental health professionals believe that talking about the things that cause the most distress can help patients come to terms with any underlying issues.
Typically, counseling will also include the patient learning some coping techniques that can help calm them when they feel anxious.
Effective Medications for Anxiety
Several anxiety medications are useful when treating anxiety disorders.
Depending on which condition the patient has, physicians can prescribe:
Patients must be seen by a qualified medical professional to get a prescription. These professionals can monitor for any adverse reactions as well as adjust the dosage as necessary.
Recognize the symptoms of anxiety and get help treating them- Click below to book an appointment.
EZCare Clinic in San Francisco can see patients Monday through Sunday from 11 am to 7 pm. Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcome.
If you are suffering from uncontrolled anxiety, call today. Don’t let yourself be held prisoner any longer; there is an effective treatment for you. Schedule your appointment by clicking the button below.