STD Testing in San Fransisco
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) are viruses that are passed from person to person through sexual interactions. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 20 million STD infections occur per year in the United States (cdc.gov, 2017). An STD can be transmitted orally or genitally (i.e., through the mouth, vagina, penis, or anus). Although some STDs can treatable and curable through proper medications, some STDs are permanent such as, HIV/AIDS, herpes, and syphilis are incurable.
Depending on your condition, symptoms may include genital warts, sores on mouth or genitals, genital and body rashes, pain when urinating, or painful sexual intercourse. At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we provide quick and private evaluations and treatments for all patients being seen for an STD. Under typical circumstances, we may test for STDs through urine or blood tests. Once test results are received, our doctors will be able to establish a proper treatment plan for your condition. To avoid infecting anybody else with your STD, always be sure to use protection during intercourse.
If you are pregnant, you must seek treatment through your primary care doctor or gynecologist. Patients with incurable conditions such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, or HIV will be directed to seek treatment from another healthcare specialist.
To learn more about how we can help you with STD treatment, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
What to expect at your visit
- Call us to schedule your appointment.
- Depending on your age, treatment EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.